Fábrica de Tecidos do Carvalho, Lda is a family owned company founded in 1925. Named António Moreira Gomes & Filhos, Lda. produced strong stripes cotton cloth to the portuguese ex-colonies. Later on, between 1960 and 1980, it began producing blankets for our national and European market. The extreme competition in the blanket market and it’s seasonality, forced the company to abandon this product line. After 1982, the company began a rationalization process and alteration of existing conditions including all the engineering devoting itself to the manufacturing of terry towels. Since then, the company invested in technology, quality and design, in order to achieve a more competitive position and distinction of its products. The present management is the third generation that implemented a productive system guided by high standard quality that has been opening doors to new markets in Europe and America.